Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Where is My Class?

As an educator, especially a secondary teacher of upper class students, I often wonder what has happened to my class. I make phone calls for those who are starting the habit, but recently I have noticed a trend on test days. 

So what do you do?  Well, we did a poster project to reward those who were doing what they are supposed to do. But using the time to review for those who may have missed a concept or two. 
Require students to write their own definition instead of using the book. Have students make up there own examples, but allow them to use problems from their previous class work. 

Give extra points for the overall look of the poster. My students were engaged, but those who typically give up do the posters. What?  We learned something today and I have free art work for the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment