Thursday, March 3, 2016

Geometry: Pythagorean Theorem


Always provide a leg example and a hypotenuse example. Man, did I learn from that mistake of assuming my first year as a lateral entry teacher. I need to go back and add some color, but the kids caught on pretty quickly. I do my notes and post them on my school webpage now. This totally reduces the number of questions in regards to how and where does this go for the foldable. 

By the way, the paper was part of the donorschoose package. Apparently, I must have been mentally ill when I wrote approximately as approxi"mentally". I left the mistake for the kids to see that I can make mistakes as well. In a class like my math tech 3 group they need to be assured that mistakes are okay. 

 I love the textbook for this class. It is one of the first that puts the distance formula with the Pythagorean Theorem. Thank goodness, the connection was already made!  Other than a few moans and groans about the distance formula and the requirement to draw the triangles, my class caught on relatively quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment