Thursday, January 23, 2014

Order of Operations Bingo


First I need to give credit to the blog Math Equals Love, Ms. Hagan has been such an inspiration to me starting an interactive notebook in my classroom.  We used her printable for PEMDAS today and the kids really seemed to understand the left to right concept better in the visual organizer.  I will reference her materials tons this semester!  


Tomorrow we will be playing Order of Operations Bingo, I decided to add a bit of a twist to the lesson provided by NCTM.  I decided I would let the kids come up to the board and select a number to solve, then they would mark it out on their bingo card.  If anyone knows how to limit a hyperlink to one click, please let me know.  Originally I was going to use shapes instead of numbers for the hyperlinks, but I couldn't figure out how to make the shapes disappear.  If you have a smart-board let students toss a sock at the board to choose the next problem.  Unfortunately my kids have to use the pen, so I had a different number than the answer for each problem.  My first five kids to win bingo will receive 25 tickets to place in the drawing on Friday in hopes of getting one of the 4 homework passes.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I look forward to keeping up with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly have inspired/ according to my husband, created a monster. :)

    ReplyDelete