Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Math craft for the holidays

So my students had a half day of class before the winter break and I knew that they wouldn't be 100% in class, so I went searching the internet for a fun activity that would fit to state standards for South Carolina, but would keep the kids working instead of babysitting the kids for the day because they wouldn't work.  I stumbled upon a project online using only quadrilaterals, the students must make a Christmas/Holiday card.  I was floored by the adorable outcome of some of the cards.  They had to use at least one square, one rectangle, one kite, one trapezoid, and one parallelogram ( I assumed them making a rhombus would be too much of a mental challenge for them this particular day).  The other stipulation was that they could only use quadrilaterals on the front.



1 comment: