Sunday, January 24, 2016

Learning Theories


I was going back through my material to see what goodies I could "bless"
the math world with from my binders of stuff, when I came across this
old gem.  I was working on my teaching license as a lateral entry
teacher.  Some of the reflections after watching the video years
later...

1. Man are we naive when we start out!  We think we will have a class full of ourselves.
2. It is nice to remind ourselves of the enthusiasm we had when we first started.  Mind you blogging and putting my information to be shared by others has been a huge boost as well, but to remember what we are taught in school is a great reflection practice.  As I learned in architecture school, there is always room for improvement.
3. I should do more movies!  My 4 year old even came to sit on my shoulder to watch.  This was an easy slideshow turned into a movie for an assignment, but it has as many views as the blog itself.  When things move and have humor they tend to grab out attention.
4. Which reminded me that prezi is also super awesome for this as well.  So I encourage you and myself, go out there and try various media in the classroom.  Keep them craving more!
5. And most importantly, don't beat yourself on the "worksheet" days, you get to try it all over again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment